Dr. Jay Woody is the Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Legacy ER & Urgent Care, and is a well-known and widely-published authority in the field of emergency medicine. He is the former Regional Medical Director of a freestanding emergency medicine practice, as well as a sought-after speaker and peer reviewer for the Texas Medical Foundation.
Dr. Woody has contributed to such vital references sources as Prehospital and Disaster Medicine Journal, Academic Emergency Medicine, the Texas Emergency Bulletin and two textbooks: Medical Response to Terrorism: Preparedness and Clinical Practice, and AAEM Emergency Medical and Family Health.
He also has been a featured presenter at the Southeast Society of Academic Emergency Medicine, the Nordic Congress on Disaster and Emergency Medicine and the Clinical Excellence in Emergency Medicine Conference. He teaches frequently and has helped further emergency practice alongside his peers at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Emergency Medicine Educations Systems.
When not working, writing or speaking, Dr. Woody enjoys sea kayaking, exercising, adventure travel and photography. He lives in Frisco with his wife Katrina and their two children.
Education / Training
- 1994 B.A. Texas Tech University ; Lubbock, Texas
- 1998 M.D. University of Southwestern Medical School; Dallas, Texas
- Emergency Medicine Residency at Parkland Memorial Hospital / Children’s Medical Center
Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- COLA Certified Laboratory Director
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Texas College of Emergency Physicians